Sunday, March 3, 2013

We bought our FIRST home!

It's been a busy year already and I finally found something to write about!

My husband and I (and our dogs, of course) bought our first home! We've been searching and searching and searching for a year and finally found one. 

We actually closed December 31, 2012 - what an awesome New Year's present, and we are still not in! Since we got such a fantastic price on the house, we decided to start renovations right away. I'm starting to realize that Jason likes to demolish things and once he's started, it's hard to get him to stop!

It is, as you have noticed, March, and I'm just writing about this now. Construction projects are SO stressful and time-consuming and budget-draining. Every weekend, when I'm not working, or every free day we have is spent at the house trying to complete another project - we've already installed two skylights, French doors, and two windows ourselves and by ourselves, I mean our family and their helpers. 


We've finally gotten the electrical mess under control and just had the new panel installed - what a beauty! To realize how excited I get about things like this, I must be in the middle of a renovation. But just look at that OLD one! Terrible...



Also, we are filming for the HGTV show called House Hunters Renovations! I know, like we needed more stuff to do...but this happened to fall into our laps and we ran with it. 

It seems surreal to have a house of our own and to be renovating it. I never really understood what surreal was until now. I still don't feel like it's ours, even though we make decisions based on the fact that hopefully soon we will be moving in this house so that we can live there. I think when the dry wall goes up, it'll feel much more real - at least I hope so!

More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment